Friday, January 07, 2005

Odds and Ends

My time in the US is rapidly running out. I will be traveling around a bit before heading back to Japan next Thursday, and have a ton of things on my to-do list that are as yet undone. Were I a gambling man, I wouldn't bet on any more posting on this blog until the author is back in the Kingdom of Wa, jet lag is slept off, and blood seafood levels reach normal again.

In the meantime...

Suburbs of the Afterlife has an excellent post on what it means to call someone "Hitler" in the public debate.

Iowahawk plays fast and loose with Ask an Imam:
Q: Is it permissible to read a book or newspaper in the toilet?
A: Why would you be in a toilet? Rather than browsing a book it seems you should be desperately trying to get out. I suppose if the book was "How To Get Out of Toilet," that might make sense.

Harry Hutton, over at Chase Me Ladies, I'm In The Cavalry, opens voting on your favorite Baltic Republic.

And finally, Dr. Demarche posts a riveting account of an attack on a US consulate in Jeddah:
Another loud explosion occurred and over the radio in the Safehaven, we heard Post One say, "Three at the front!" The terrorists let out a spray of bullets against the glass doors...


When you're done with that, check out the great blogs on my bagel -- or, have a cup of tea. Your call.

Happy trails!



No comments: