Saturday, January 15, 2005

A Few Thousand Words About My Trip

Thanks to everyone who dropped by while I was gone! I had a great trip, and it was very nice to come back to the blog from time to time and trade comments with you while I was home. You make this whole blogging thing a pleasure.

I know no one really comes here to find out about me, and after this post I'll be back to my usual PJ'd punditry, but today you'll have to indulge me. Yes, this is where we all gather round and pretend to be interested in someone else's trip photos. Everyone ready? Got your tea? OK, here we go.


Over the rainbow.

I ran into a whole flock of French folk in Narita airport. Until then, I had assumed the French were fictional, mere foils for rightwing bloggers, and it was pretty odd to find out there really are French people. Who'd a thunk?

"Welcome home! Wanna play?"

Sunrise at the lake.

A walk out on the range. Soon after I was on my way back east.

Back in Japan.

These mist covered mountains
Are a home now for me
But my home is the lowlands
And always will be

- Dire Straits


Now that I have that out of my system, it's back to my usual paeans to absurdity.

Y'all come back now, hear?

###



(Images hosted at Flickr.)

No comments: