Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Something Witty ...

... should start this post. But if I had the time and energy to write something witty, I wouldn't need to write that I'll be not writing for a while.

I haven't been happy with what I've posted since mid-January. Although I've had a ton of good post ideas, I'm doing a lot of 12+ hour days at work, including weekends, and simply do not have the time or energy to develop them to my satisfaction.

I do not know how long this will last. A week at least, probably a month, very possibly until April, when the new academic year starts up in Japan. It's also possible I will be leaving Japan around April/May, so maybe not until I'm relocated. Right now it's difficult to say.

In the meantime, I'll be hanging out at The Daily Demarche, Shooting Rockets At The Sun, InakaYabanjin, Riding Sun, The Tanuki Ramble, Metrolingua, Grandma Jeans Opinions, and all the other excellent blogs on my bagel.

If you should awaken at 3 a.m. soaked in sweat and shaking with the need to read A Guy In Pajamas (yeah, right), here are some emergency doses for your medicine cabinet:
Zen and the Art of Cultural Suicide
If Your Mother Says She Loves You, Check It Out
Why They Hate Us, the Short Answer
One Reaction to the 9/11 Attack
Jiichan, Baachan
What If the US Hadn't Invaded Iraq?
Yeah, I'm a Japanese-Speakin', Tea-Ceremony-Doin', Haiku-Writin' Ex-Pat Redneck. You Got A Problem With That?

Thanks for reading, everyone. I've enjoyed it, and I've really enjoyed my commentors and the back-and-forth with other bloggers.

Bom-ba-dee-da-bom-ba-dee-da
Happy trails to you,
Until we meet again,
Happy trails to you,
Keep smiling until then
Who cares about the clouds when we’re together
Just sing a song an' think 'bout sunny weather
Happy trails to you,
Til we meet again

- By Dale Evans, performed by Van Halen (on this CD anyway)

No comments: